How it works
- When a client contacts me, I typically ask to see a draft of the document to be edited and then discuss with the client the appropriate amount of editing time.
- I send the client a simple contract for signature.
- I generally exchange documents with the client via email, but particularly sensitive documents can be transferred via Dropbox.
- I perform editing in Microsoft Word using the Track Changes feature. On completion, I return the document to the client, along with an invoice to be paid within 30 days.
- The client is responsible for the legal content of the document.